Thursday, July 1, 2010

We have a submission from!

Julene Matthews - Victorian Lady

Hello Shazza, Here is my entry for the Sherlock Holmes poster. I cut out the picture of Erica in her Victorian gear to make a poppet.The title box is a sewn rectangle.There is a metal heart hanging from the pearls.The lace I used is over 100 years old,found in my great aunt's sewing stuff.I wanted the poppet and the lace to be the feature of this layout, so I kept the background simple. Erica made the skirt and the hat herself! Thank you,Julene Matthews

Hi Julene! this is exactly what I was looking for with the criteria 'Title in a block or rectangle' similar to the Sherlock Holmes' poster...Excellent! I love your old lace and its great that you have been able to use it on your submission. Erica's a bit clever with the sewing :) she's done a great job of the skirt and hat! Great work Julene! - Shazza

5 comments:

  1. oh wow love the use of old lace, makes this layout very special indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bang-on with the criteria... I'm in love with the Victorian stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this is great, love it, love the lace and just everything

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful elgeant layout and I love the embellishment of flowers and butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful LO, love the silhouette and lace!!

    ReplyDelete