Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Here is our first submission for the month from.....


Karen Williams - Me on the Beach


Hi Shazza 

Instead of a swirl I have the white doily shapes and I hope 
my shadow in the photo will suffice for the silhouette. 
I did manage an orange background.
 
It took three sheets of Orange card before I got to this...
 
strike one- glimmer mist- too light not enough sparkle or 
colour so I tried spray paint that I used on the bin- that 
sunk straight into the paper and didn't show up - so strike two
 
finally had to use acrylic paint over the doily but even 
then it wasn't great the paint made the doily soggy and it 
broke up (not sure if it all peeled off properly)
 
Karen

9 comments:

  1. Well I think the effect is atunning & I may just have to 'borrow' that technique!! Great grouping of that fab phpto with the tags & I love your dual font title :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops! obviously that should read 'stunning'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with Sandi, the painted doily looks amazing and i love the shadow photo of you on the beach. great job taking on this months inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous background Karen, & I laugh at your 3 attempts..I made 2 attempts as well! But seriously a great LO, love the 2 misted doilies & great shadowy photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Karen, I am loving that background, its awesome! Fabulous layout, and love your shadow picture :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your background!!! It's amazing and well worth it after all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may have cost you a few attempts to get to this result but it looks fabulous!! Great use of that picture too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool technique Karen - look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely layout

    love how you have used the paint, its really effective and looks amazing ;)

    great photo ;)

    ReplyDelete