Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lets have a look at Ali's submission.

Ali Coles - Busch Gardens




I have taken my inspiration from the poster title and changing from 'A night at' to 'A day at'. I used the light blue colour from the poster and The letters of the poster title are different sizes so I have also mixed up the sizes of letters I used for my title.

Cardstock - DCWV, Egyptian paper from Robert Adams' Ancient Egypt CD, I traced a picture of the eye of Horus onto gold mirror card and cut out by hand, Egyptian peel offs and assorted alphas from stash (mostly me and my big ideas). Used gold Lumiere acrylic paint to distress edges.

Added criteria -
group photo - check
Yellow or gold title - Gold letters in title
something inspired by characters - pharaoh - used egyptian theme

Great fun this month! Thanks Shazza!

Wow! Ali, this looks great, love the egyptian peel off, and what a great idea to cut out the eye of Horus, a great thought out layout - Shazza

6 comments:

  1. What a fantastic layout... love the mixed alphas and the Egyptian embellishments too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome, love the egyptian theme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Egyptian embellie and the strip of pp, oh and the mixed alphas. Terrific take on the challenge Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! This was a great challenge this month everyones layouts are beautiful so far1 I can't wait to see what entries we get!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great take on the challenge Ali, love the handcutting you have so much more patience than me!

    ReplyDelete