Monday, August 2, 2010

Look at this fantastic entry from....

Chantel Vandenberg - Lucy


Hi Shazza,

Here is my layout for this month's challenge based on the "Juno" movie poster. I was inspired by the whole graphic design aspect of the poster and used it like a sketch. Loved how it turned out. I used butterflies in place of the actors' names, and as you can see, I followed the poster pretty closely. :D I also included the extra criteria 1. Use a handmade title (I hand drew and cut this out - what a great technique - should do this way more often!!!), 2. Use stripes - I don't think I need to point out where they are... lol, 3. Scrap a pregnancy or new baby photo - I finally have scrapped these photos which are now over 7 years old of me holding my first daughter, Lucy. These photos have really come to life now and I love this page. Great challenge, Shazza! Thanks! :D


Chantel, I just love your work, everytime you send in an entry it has a bright and happy feel to it. I love what you have done here with your use of brights!! Love your hand made title it looks fab and loved how you followed this poster as a sketch :) Doesn't it make you feel good when you scrap some older photosand you get them into an album! Well done - Shazza

9 comments:

  1. This is such a fun page, I'm so loving the bright colours and the fun feel to it. Great work!!!!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page! Love the colors, the title, the butterflies and the pics are cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colors, they just pop off the page and what gorgeous photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic page! I love how you've made your title, it's brilliant! And the butterflies..... loove :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful LO, love the title and such fun bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. chantal.Bright and colourful as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chantel I am in love with your colours here, not at all baby(ish) and yet it's a baby layout, very very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours Chantel and gorgeous butterflies - great take on this months challenge

    ReplyDelete